Today the $25 million propaganda campaign to sell the government’s CO2 tax will be launched. It will cherry-pick ordinary Australians that support the tax, ignoring of course the overwhelming majority of ordinary Australians who do not support it. Also, there will be the predictable slogans that we’ve come to expect, terms I never want to hear again.
- “moving forward”- even Gillard’s abandoned this one
- “carbon pollution”- it is carbon dioxide and it is not pollution
- “500 biggest polluters”- it is not bloody pollution
- “clean energy future”- carbon dioxide is invisible, odourless and harmless
- “future generations”- I don’t think they will appreciate this tax
- “it’s the right thing to do”- no, it’s not
- “multi-party climate change commitee”- yes we know, the greens run the show
- “climate change”- yes Sherlock, climate changes
- “climate change denier”- it’s even accepted in parliament
- “price on carbon”- IT IS A TAX
- “the Andrew Bolt question”- no, it’s a common sense question
- “carbon footprint”- yes, feet are made of carbon. Carbon is the principle element in an organic compound.
What are the odds I’ll get my wish?